SAP NetWeaver to SharePoint Migration

Sep 22, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Hi Kimmo & Community!

I am working on a project to migrate existing SAP NetWeaver based intranet portal onto SharePoint 2010. We will build new IA, navigation and security model, so I'm essentially looking at content+document migration tool from SAP NetWeaver. Can you please help with the following:

- Process / Strategy

- Tools

- Best Practices

- Gotchas

Regards,

Mihir Gandhi

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Hey! I saw you psoted about an SAP netweaver interanet to Sharepoint migration. Did you ever find answers? We are in the same boat where we now need to migrate the content and files to the new information architecture and have no clue! Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks jeff.

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM
We exported it out onto file shares and used file share migration tools. didn't get any other solution

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 15:12:14 -0700
Subject: Re: SAP NetWeaver to SharePoint Migration [SPMigration:228198]

Hey! I saw you psoted about an SAP netweaver interanet to Sharepoint migration. Did you ever find answers? We are in the same boat where we now need to migrate the content and files to the new information architecture and have no clue! Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks jeff.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPMigration@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SPMigration@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Aug 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM
mihir78 wrote:
We exported it out onto file shares and used file share migration tools. didn't get any other solution

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 15:12:14 -0700
Subject: Re: SAP NetWeaver to SharePoint Migration [SPMigration:228198]

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPMigration@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SPMigration@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Similar to us:

Building up Exporttool to export files to fileserver and metadata into sql server.

Afterwards we use a migration tool (own creation) reading the information from sql server, getting the files from fileserver and pump it up to Sp2010. We do this for all sp-external sources like SAP, Lotus and exotic plattforms.

The mig tools is an own creation similar to the mig tool in codeplex.